Trip to NYC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In September my fiance and I will be taking our first Amtrak trip from Osceola Iowa to New York City. We are getting married in Central Park so this is an important trip for us. We are planning on taking the CZ to Chicago and the Lakeshore Limited on to New York City. I have spent tons of time searching forums and post and trip information sites including watching the on time rate for both of these trains. After reading some of the posts on here I am worried about getting stuck either on the way there or the way back. I also would love any tips or advice to make this first trip a fun and smooth one. We do have a roomette for the Chicago to NYC portion of the trip. Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

In September my fiance and I will be taking our first Amtrak trip from Osceola Iowa to New York City. We are getting married in Central Park so this is an important trip for us. We are planning on taking the CZ to Chicago and the Lakeshore Limited on to New York City. I have spent tons of time searching forums and post and trip information sites including watching the on time rate for both of these trains. After reading some of the posts on here I am worried about getting stuck either on the way there or the way back. I also would love any tips or advice to make this first trip a fun and smooth one. We do have a roomette for the Chicago to NYC portion of the trip. Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.
:hi: Congrats on having a Fiance who will ride Trains with you, good Snag! :wub: Since the LSL leaves Chicago @ 9:30PM shouldnt be any problem making your connection even from the CZ #6 which most times runs a Little Late! Remember you will be able to use the Metro Lounge in Chicago to wait for your Train! Also there is no Dinner on the LSL, just a Wine and Cheese Party in the Diner for Sleeper Pax, so plan on having Dinner in Chicago, if you like Good Pizza Girodanos is just across the River from Union Station! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:hi: Congrats on having a Lady who will ride Trains with you, good Snag! :wub: Since the LSL leaves Chicago @ 9:30PM shouldnt be any problem making your connection even from the CZ #6 which most times runs a Little Late! Remember you will be able to use the Metro Lounge in Chicago to wait for your Train! Also there is no Dinner on the LSL, just a Wine and Cheese Party in the Diner for Sleeper Pax, so plan on having Dinner in Chicago, if you like Good Pizza Girodanos is just across the River from Union Station! :)
She's the Lady. Good snag for her to have a Guy who will ride the train with her. And agree to be married in Central Park. :giggle:

tmsimmer - enjoy the train and the wedding. Hope you have wonderful weather.

I've taken the LSL to the CZ to/from Iowa several times and never had a problem with connections. The worst part is the wait from the time the CZ gets in until the time the LSL finally decides to leave Chicago late at night. You feel like you're the last ones at CUS. You'll probably have time to get dinner in Chicago outside the station with plenty of time to get back for the wine and cheese tasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back