Transition Dorm Sales on the Capitol

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Metropolitan

OBS Chief
While slacking off on Amtrak.com, I noticed the following when checking upgrade prices on the CL:

doubleroomette.gif

I'm making an educated guess that the cheaper Roomette is in the Dorm/Transition Car?

In any event, the duplicate options appeared to be on all Capitol Limiteds less than 2 weeks from Departure, except where accomodations were sold out.

I did check destinations on the other Superliner trains and did not see similar options - so maybe this is a trial.

In any event, if the trend holds or expands, those of you attending the gathering might be able to score a cheaper room if you make sure to check in on October 1st to see if such options exist for that weekend then.

Hmm, I'm not sure what that is. I've never seen that before, but it is rather odd. Especially since I don't believe that the Capitol is one of the trains where they sell rooms into the Trans/Dorm.

For what its worth, I've come across that before when checking fares...possibly on the Empire Builder or CZ or SWC. I meant to post that on here but forgot about that.

I was in Roomette 17 in the Transition Dorm Car on the Capitol Limited that departed Chicago on Thursday, September 13. My original reservation was made back in March, but on August 29 I changed my departure date from Wednesday, September 12, to Thursday, September 13. I paid about $150 more than my original cost for a roomette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back