Train 48 Schedule Change.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThayerATM

OBS Chief
So far this morning I've gotten two email notices and one (recorded) phone call from Amtrak informing me:

Our records indicate that you are scheduled to depart on Amtrak Train

number 48 traveling from CHICAGO (UNION STATION), ILLINOIS to ROCHESTER,

NEW YORK on April 21, 2010.

That schedule has been changed. You are now scheduled to depart on Amtrak

Train number 48 departing from CHICAGO (UNION STATION), ILLINOIS at 9:30

PM on April 20, 2010 and arriving in ROCHESTER, NEW YORK at 10:08 AM on

April 21, 2010. We apologize for any inconvenience. If this change is

acceptable there is no need to call us back.

Does anyone know if this is a one time change, or is it the result of the usual April/October adjustments to the schedules? Train 48 used to depart CHI at 10:00 PM, then last year they changed it to 9:00 PM. Now the're changing it again to 9:30 PM?

No changes mentiond for Trains 49, 3, or 4, which are also involved in the reservation.

So far this morning I've gotten two email notices and one (recorded) phone call from Amtrak informing me:

Does anyone know if this is a one time change, or is it the result of the usual April/October adjustments to the schedules? Train 48 used to depart CHI at 10:00 PM, then last year they changed it to 9:00 PM. Now the're changing it again to 9:30 PM?

No changes mentiond for Trains 49, 3, or 4, which are also involved in the reservation.
My train 48 departs a few days later than yours and I have not received any emails from Amtrak. Not a big deal, from my perspective, since the ticket I have says that the train leaves at 9pm. A 9.30pm departure would not be an inconvenience.

Happy Trails

(25 more sleeps)

freight traffic picking up is that why there moving the train time again?
Far more likely that Amtrak is trying to strike a happy balance between having a cleanup train that leaves too late vs too early. Also possible that they are trying to get the train to arrive at Penn after rush hour.

Well looking at the website looks like train 48's scheduled departure will now be 9:30 starting with the next schedule change.
That will be very good news for me when I come back from St Louis. The 8:40pm arrival time of 304 has been a real nail-biter when that train hasn't got there early, which often, but not always, happens. I've been stuck in Chicago overnight and have since switched to flying that leg of my trip for peace of mind. I was figuring that the Chicago-St Louis route would be upgraded to 100mph sooner than the LSL would change to a later departure. Surprise!

Terry

freight traffic picking up is that why there moving the train time again?
Far more likely that Amtrak is trying to strike a happy balance between having a cleanup train that leaves too late vs too early. Also possible that they are trying to get the train to arrive at Penn after rush hour.
I guess we'll just have to wait till later this month when Amtrak publishes the new timetables. Train 48 leaves CHI 30 minutes later than before, but it impacts arrival in ROC by only 18 minutes. I don't know what's going to happen at the other end of the timetable. But hasn't Train 48 been getting into NYP habitually early, like maybe 5:15 to 5:30 or so?

I will watch this closely. I am traveling on 48 in May.

I will watch this closely. I am traveling on 48 in May.
AMTRAK called me, too, yesterday telling me that train 48 is now scheduled to depart CHI a half hour later.

No big deal for me.

I'll be on the LSL in July '10.

Looks like its leaaving CHI at 9:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back