Train 19 to Train 1

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HasTy

Train Attendant
I thought you could book this as a connection even though it was required to spend the night on your own dime...I was just cruising through the Amtrak site and I can't do that...do I need to book this as multi city? Or do I just book multi city from NYP to EMY and EMY to LAX...hmmm....I really do enjoy that trip.

Worked fine for me doing NYP to El Paso or say, GRV to LAX. Remember, the Sunset Limited is only 3 days a week so if you pick a day to use it when it isn't running, you get other connections. NYP to LAX would probably not route using it as there are other choices not requiring overnight hotel stay along the route.

Worked fine for me doing NYP to El Paso or say, GRV to LAX. Remember, the Sunset Limited is only 3 days a week so if you pick a day to use it when it isn't running, you get other connections. NYP to LAX would probably not route using it as there are other choices not requiring overnight hotel stay along the route.
This. 1 only runs west from NOL on MoWeSa, so you need to time your arrival from 19 for SuTuFr in order for the connection to show.

Would you save anything by booking it as a connection? And what does EMY have to do with it? The connection is at NOL.

EMY was my brain dumping an idea of doing the CZ instead of the SL to get back to LAX. I would have to connect to the CS in either SAC or EMY for that to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back