Todays #21/#22 Service Disruptions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
Due to extremely heavy rains during the night,6-10 inches (and continuing today)which is causing flash flooding from SAS into East Texas todays #22 was cancelled in SAS, #21 is shown as Leaving MHL over 1 hr. late/overdue? :eek: Past practice in these situations have seen the pax in SAS bustituted to FTW where #21 is turned to become #22? Usual situation in SAS is water over the tracks/farther up the line washouts of ballast occurs, lately there has been much track work by UP which is still ongoing around AUS! These trains have been running full lately, guess there will be lots of Charter busses needed by Amtrak! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember this happening before. While waiting at Mineola for the "21," the train ran 2 1/2 hours late due to flooding in Missouri. AMTRAK had to have a little extra pulling power, so a UP Switcher was added as the lead engine in the consist.

What a sight! UP-Yellow with AMTRAK-Blue...

I noticed this when checking the status of our trip coming up.

On our return trip we come from Port Huron, MI to Chicago, then to Longview and at the Longview station I noticed today the two hour late notice on the schedule. I'm hoping this doesn't occur often as this is our first train trip. But our bus leaves from Longview to Houston like 10 minutes after our train is supposed to arrive.

So if the train arrives late, do they have another bus or do you have to wait a whole 24 hour period for the next departing bus? Which will be difficult since I'm sure its a small station with not much for a mom with two kids to do. Is amtrak responsible for accomadations if you have to wait for the next departing form of transportation?

Anyone with experience who can let me know what happens in this situation. I'm always arriving early to everything, but when arriving early is beyond your control because your not the one in charge, who is the responsible party?

Thanks!!

The buses in Longview are Amtrak contracted buses exclusively for enabling connections to and from the Texas Eagle in Longview. The bus will be waiting at Longview for your arrival and depart 10 minutes after the Eagle arrives. I have traveled from and to Shreveport from Longview. It is actually a van to Shreveport but the trip is only about an hour. Enjoy the trip. The Houston connection is a bus. I will be traveling the Texas Eagle from Chicago to Los Angeles in August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to extremely heavy rains during the night,6-10 inches (and continuing today)which is causing flash flooding from SAS into East Texas todays #22 was cancelled in SAS, #21 is shown as Leaving MHL over 1 hr. late/overdue? :eek: Past practice in these situations have seen the pax in SAS bustituted to FTW where #21 is turned to become #22? Usual situation in SAS is water over the tracks/farther up the line washouts of ballast occurs, lately there has been much track work by UP which is still ongoing around AUS! These trains have been running full lately, guess there will be lots of Charter busses needed by Amtrak! :(
I'm glad my Eagle trip ended yesterday. We had a little slow running due to the threat of flash flooding, but we missed the storms almost entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back