The 2003 Harmon Shop Open House.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, :( I missed it since I was riding an Acela Express back to NY from Washington DC.

Perhaps you could give us a little report on what you saw there. :)

I was there. The shop was full of Fl9s... MNR scheme, NYC scheme, NH scheme, a number of M1s/M3s. an M1 had all of its undercar parts labeled. the M1 used for interior display had a weird new floor... grey and glow in the dark... sorta cool. no M4s that i could see, one M6 set and a number of M2s. Fall foliage train consisted of about 7 Shoreliners. 7002-3 were in the shops, without LIRR or MNR markings- mo yellow on the front either

I was there from 1 ish on. on the topic of FL9s, they had them painted in New haven, MNCR and NYCentral colors. there was talk about a LIRR one too, but i didnt see that one

Was there any mention made whatsoever of Harmon's former role as the place where long distance New York Central trains changed to small electrc engines to get them into Grand Central?(so as not to pollute the underground any more than necessary).

There's no reason to lock the topic, just stop posting to it. Then it will gradually fall to the bottom of the list and be forgotten by everyone. :)

Back