Texas Eagle?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#321/#322 is the cutout Coach between CHI and STL although it often runs all the way between CHI and SAS.

#421/#422 is the Cutout Coach and Sleeper between CHI and LAX on the 3 times a week Sunset Eagle!

All 3 "trains" run combined between the respective end points (STL or SAS). If traveling between CHI and STL, chose the lowest fare of 21/321/421 or 22/322/422. If traveling between CHI and SAS, chose the lowest fare of 21/421 or 22/422.

Thanx, I didn't know that after all! Been wondering about that all morning! It was an option given on the Amtrak Site & had me stumped! (Had never heard of the #321) :giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
On the three days of 421/422 there are no additional cars in the consist, it is the rear coach and only sleeper change numbers. So on the days that 421/422 run, Sleeper 21/22 is the Trans-Sleeper.

Just when I thought I had figured it out, LOL!!! I'll need to think about this for a minute! I've only taken the Eagle a couple of times ,west to east, (or is that south to north). :blink: :wacko: :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back