Texas Eagle Bedrooms

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernServesTheSouth

Service Attendant
I know this has been asked before by others regarding the Texas Eagle, but I can't find it.

I am scheduled to take #21 to San Antonio and assigned Bedroom E Car 2120

My return schedule has me on #422 to Chicago and assigned Bedroom E Car 2230

Where are these two rooms located in relation to the engine and Diner?

Your room in car 2120 should be next to the dining car,

your room in car 2230 should be the last car on the train,

therefore you will need to walk through the coach cars and

the sighteer lounge to reach the dining car.

Have a great trip.

Your room in car 2120 should be next to the dining car,

your room in car 2230 should be the last car on the train,

therefore you will need to walk through the coach cars and

the sighteer lounge to reach the dining car.

Have a great trip.
' Shanghai how close is 2120 to the sight seer lounge

Where are these two rooms located in relation to the engine and Diner?
For both directions your sleeper car will be the second car behind the engine. Behind it will be the Diner, and behind the diner will be the Superliner Lounge. The car between your sleeper and the engine is the TransDorm, the crew car. All coaches are behind the Superliner Lounge at the end of the train.

(This is according to Donctor's Consist post, updated April 4, 2012.)

I heard that the #422 sleeper is placed last on the TE - was this wrong information?
huh.gif

I heard that the #422 sleeper is placed last on the TE - was this wrong information?
huh.gif
I rode #422 and #421 Three Times in the past week and the Revenue Sleeper was in the Front Next to the Transdorm and in Front of the CCC. The Conductors and OBS told me that Amtrak had returned to the Old Way of Switching in SAS, hence the LAX Coach will be the Last Car of the Consist between SAS and STL. Cant say for sure if they are still adding a #321/#322 Coach during the Illinois Trackwork but tend to doubt it since the Eagles are being Rerouted via "Nowwhere" between CHI and STL (see Stephens pics) during this work! :unsure:

The Texas Eagle's consist has changed back and forth a few times because there's no "good" way to setup the train that pleases everybody. Put the sleepers at the front, and the folks traveling through San Antonio get jolted around in the middle of the night while the consist is switched, and they have extended periods without HEP.

Put the sleepers at the rear, and you're too far from the diner. You also have coach passengers constantly walking through every few minutes when there's a local coach CHI-STL.

For a few weeks, they tried an approach of putting the diner and lounge in the middle of the train, between different sets of coaches, but I guess that worked well for nobody, so they returned to putting the sleepers at the front, and just dealing with the inconvenience for folks traveling through SAS.

Regardless of the consist layout, the 20 (on non-Sunset days) and 30 (on Sunset days) sleepers are always going to be in the same spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back