Texas Eagle #22 (11/25) Crash in Bartlett, Tx

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If EVERYONE treated every railroad track like a stop sign, much of this could be avoided. As for the guest poster, easy to find and post here. Happens regularly. Sorry for the loss of your friend. Will you send a sympathy card to the engineer for his trauma?

Update from Texas Eagle/Vehicle Accident in Bartlett, Tx this week:

Per a post on trainorders P-42 #62, the single Amtrak engine on #22 the day of the accident, was worked on in FTW to get it in running order and was included un the consist to CHI on yesterdays #22 for further needed repairs. There are several pictures included where the burn damage from the fire is visible!

A reminder that this Train, and ALL Amtrak LD Trains need @ least 2 Engines!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ the last comment on the thread, no one is fishing for sympathy, at the deceased families request there is no reason to post comments which would ultimately fall on deaf ears. The driver of the truck, my brother obviously was not paying attention, the trooper who investigated the accident told me there was a truck entering the roadway which may have distracted him. The vehicle was in excellent running condition, and there is no evidence found in his pattern of life that would indicate a suicide, no note, stopped for gas a few minutes before to continue his journey to Dallas. So no more posts, comments, snide remarks, let us allow this to close. Of course I would like the train folks to reach out to me with a condolence for the loss, they have treated this as just another day at the office.

@ the last comment on the thread, no one is fishing for sympathy, at the deceased families request there is no reason to post comments which would ultimately fall on deaf ears. The driver of the truck, my brother obviously was not paying attention, the trooper who investigated the accident told me there was a truck entering the roadway which may have distracted him. The vehicle was in excellent running condition, and there is no evidence found in his pattern of life that would indicate a suicide, no note, stopped for gas a few minutes before to continue his journey to Dallas. So no more posts, comments, snide remarks, let us allow this to close. Of course I would like the train folks to reach out to me with a condolence for the loss, they have treated this as just another day at the office.
I am sorry for your loss and offer condolences to everyone who was involved or know the involved.

As to what I bolded above, has the family reached out to the engineer and conductor to offer their condolences? Can you imagine what it must be like to be the engineer who was in the cab when the train hit the truck or the conductor who is the one who has to investigate what the train hit?

So no more posts, comments, snide remarks, let us allow this to close.
Yeah, that had already happened. The last post in this thread was from November until you drug it up from the dead.

Of course I would like the train folks to reach out to me with a condolence for the loss, they have treated this as just another day at the office.
Knowing an engineer that's had this happen, I can assure you that it's anything but another day at the office, it's a lifetime burden that (s)he'll have to carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back