SWC more than 7 hours late heading to Chicago.....

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Van

Service Attendant
I've been on the SWC when it runs late. Going West not a big deal. We were 8 hours plus getting into Fullerton Jan 2015. Not a huge issue.

But I always fear being very late East bound. I have to meet the Cardinal and as it's only 3 times a week miss the connection.....big issue.

Any one know why SWC is running so late???

Or even what Amtrak does when your next train is two days later???

You aren't on the SW Chief now, are you? For the past 3 months, the Chief to the Cardinal connection is missed about 20% of the time.

I was recently on a late Builder that missed the Cardinal and I was rerouted on the Capitol Limited. I guess it depends where you are going for your final destination. In general, Amtrak tries to accommodate you, but I don't know what happens if your stop is in the middle of the Cardinal's route. My guess is that you have to wait until the train runs again. Others may have more experience with that.

Oh, welp. More dumb people. Possibly malfunctioning, but I suspect it's a dumb person.

Anyway, it's set to arrive in Chicago around 11pm, so you're missing connections to St. Louis, Cardinal, LSL, and Capitol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back