SWC #3 Arrival Delays in LAX. ???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I am taking this same train (SWC #3) next month, with a 2-hour layover in LA before boarding the CS #14 headed to Seattle. How do I know if I have a "guaranteed" connection? I made this reservation all at once as part of a cross-country roundtrip journey, so it's all on the same reservation, and it was part of the same "leg" when I booked it.

Just asking because, until now, I had assumed that two hours would be enough. My guess is that it being part of the same leg is what makes it guaranteed, yes?
We just took the SWC #3 last week and arrived into LA about 10:40 am. They announced that if we made it by 10:30, the CS would wait for us to arrive. But anything more than that, they would not hold the train. Even at that, the conductor said they have been told that before and they arrived by 10:30 only to find the CS had already left. So no definite answer.

In our case, they did still hold the CS and we arrived on the track right next to it so the people could jump off our train and right onto the waiting CS.

Back