Sudden stop and inspection

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I think I will also look for one of those multi-usb chargers like gmushial got, since we're beginning to pile up the gadgets...
This is the one I used on the CZ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Travel-Dual-Port-USB-Wall-AC-Charger-Adapter-For-iPhone-iPod-Touch-/190978963350?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=item2c773bb796

but I notice that in fact it's available for a buck less here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newest-Dual-2-Port-USB-Wall-AC-Charger-Adapter-For-Apple-iPod-iPhone-4S-4G-White-/271245727910?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=item3f278158a6

Though one point: there are lots and lots of 2 and 4 port less than two dollar chargers available, but they aren't right-angle in design (so I didn't choose them)... my concern being, a) having the cables projecting into "my space" as opposed to along the wall, meaning they can get tangled with something, including me while I'm sleeping, and b) not being right-angle, the torque imposed by the weight of the cable might be inclined to pull the adaptor out of the wall socket over time and bumps.... but from the experience I suspect I could have sold a dozen such adaptors btwn OMA and DAV, easily... besides the people around me asking about it (or, wanting to borrow it for a half-hour), people walking up and down the aisle would stop and ask about it and where to get one etc.... first time I've had one on Amtrak, but I think it's now a standard part of my travel "kit."

Followup thought: I like the folding nature of the plug assembly, in that when it's packed away, a) they're not sticking out, asking to be broken off, and b) they're not sticking out looking for something to tear into.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, can one purchase a small, usb-powered chainsaw? Perhaps one with an antenna and a digital scanner??? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
How about an electric chainsaw, with a big monster battery (so, when it's called on can do some real work), that slowly charges from a 0.5amp usb port? .... But with all the limbs flying (failing to specify, tree or otherwise - clearly this is affected by the venue), how would one ever hear the scanner anyway? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back