Stations With Worst Locations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll nominate Osceola, IA for "bad" (though not "worst"). Same situation as Maricopa - the actual city (Des Moines in this case) is 50 minutes away by car. Technically Jefferson Bus Lines will connect, but it's on a schedule and won't wait for a delayed CZ.

A few years back my SO and I flew into MSP, took the light rail into downtown Minneapolis, and connected to a bus that took us to a hotel near the Midway station. The next morning we caught the EB to Chicago. The bus, IIRC, ran frequently and dropped us off at the corner in front of the hotel. It was about a 10 minute walk to the station in the morning, and the route included sidewalks and signaled intersections.

I agree the new St. Paul Union station is better in almost every respect. But Midway station's location was not as bad as you make it sound.
Yeah, that was the old 16 bus,which was largely replaced by the Green Line. The new Green Line stops are further away from the old Midway station, though the 16 bus will still bring you there every half hour or so.

Especially during the rush, though, the 16 was slow and often full. The walk also was okay but not great, and the waiting area for the bus was a shelter at best. I think the old Midway station would definitely qualify as a badly located station for anyone not arriving by car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back