Spot the Engine -- Western Trains 3/17

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day... here's a fun little 'contest' for the board.

Just to liven things up!!

I was at Union Station in Chicago today (3/17) and got a ride in and some train watching. I saw the out-bound Texas Eagle (21/321), California Zephyr (5), and rode on the outbound Empire Builder (7/27)... and jotted down their lead engine numbers.

So here's the fun... and to encourage some 'train watching' of your own this weekend.

Spot any of the trains over the next 2 days and post their engine numbers... be the first and you 'win'.

Ok, no prize, but I thought this could be fun.

21 would arrive in SAS late on 3/18, 5 would arrive in EMY on 3/19, and 7 would arrive in SEA on 3/19.

In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day... here's a fun little 'contest' for the board.Just to liven things up!!

I was at Union Station in Chicago today (3/17) and got a ride in and some train watching. I saw the out-bound Texas Eagle (21/321), California Zephyr (5), and rode on the outbound Empire Builder (7/27)... and jotted down their lead engine numbers.

So here's the fun... and to encourage some 'train watching' of your own this weekend.

Spot any of the trains over the next 2 days and post their engine numbers... be the first and you 'win'.

Ok, no prize, but I thought this could be fun.

21 would arrive in SAS late on 3/18, 5 would arrive in EMY on 3/19, and 7 would arrive in SEA on 3/19.
That was my post... just forgot to log in. Good luck!!

In the spirit of giving that I am in, I will donate a prize of one pack of Amtrak postcards to the winner, purchased on board an actual Amtrak train, including postage. Photo proof is required.

Of course I will disqualify myself from the contest, even though I will be passing #5 tomorrow aboard #6.

- Nate

That is a cool idea. Though I missed out on it.
Glad you like the idea... and thanks for the donation of the post card... STILL NO WINNER THOUGH!! You still got a day though. :)

Sorry east coast folks, not discriminating against you... I was at Chicago Union Station in the afternoon and didn't stick around to see the late trains. Also, I don't even know if the LSL was going to run out of Chicago last night (3/17).

BTW, this was interesting, the WB LSL was due in at 6PM when I left and the EB CZ was due in at 6:10PM.

Kinda scary to think the Zephyr might of had arrived into Chicago before the Lake Shore. Pretty unheard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back