Speeding Right Now!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, the OP is a male per his profile
She is definitely a woman. She was exactly what I was referring to when I made this post in the Aggressive Amtrak Conductor at Penn Station

I could not find any actual video. All I see are third hand reports. Where is the video? The link only showed a subway platform.

There isn't a video. The entire report was based upon a tweet and a complaint. It was not unlike the tweet about a regional train traveling at...what was it again? Oh yes....breakneck speed.

I'm not sure how she found this board, but the last time she harassed the train crew, wanted to pull the emergency brake and sent tweets to Wick Moorman (even though he hadn't officially taken over yet), Amtrak NEC, Amtrak and for some reason, Operation Lifesaver.. She demanded the conductor (who was actually the flag) slow the train down and tweeted that she wants to get there in one piece. Most people tweeted that an early Amtrak would be a good thing in their book. She then tweeted that the conductor wouldn't slow the train down and wanted her ticket. The interview with the crew was one of the funniest I can ever recall (particularly the engineer crew, since they had no idea that this saga was occurring.) The engineer was not amused though and took to twitter. Eventually, she removed all of those tweets but I believe he retained screen shots since he was contemplating some sort of legal action before she removed them. I don't know if that is feasible but it is nice to know she's still out there...armed with twitter and knowledge of track speeds...because she rides all of the time. :wacko:

It's amazing what the Internet can do for obtaining background info......

At any rate, I took a trip to Baltimore recently and I had forgotten that the Regionals switch from the diesel-electric locomotives to the all-electric ones (I think) during their stops at WAS. It was nice to have the train SPEED along between there and BAL. :)

Back