Snow in Glacier National Park? EB okay?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you get to see Glacier in Daylight and Wildlife in the Snow as you roll across thw Big Nowhere!

You Win First Prize for being the last AUer home from the Gathering!

It's an all expenses paid weekend in Beautiful downtown Trenton!

AmtrakBlue--you were right, of course--I forgot they would be put back together again!

Rail Freak--Thank you! Yes, I am having a great trip, and the PPC was a highlight for someone from the east coast!

Jim Bob D.--I want to trade in my first prize. :p (It does feel weird that I'm still traveling while you all are discussing the next Gathering!)

To all of you who were so patient with me being afraid of mountains: on the return trip, I made myself look, and you were all right--it was beautiful! Leaves changing, and just ribbons of snow left, on a gorgeous sunny day. For some reason, it was a bit better going east than west.

I would love to travel the Empire Builder during the winter, but besides the snow, how is the daylight? I would imagine a lot of the ride is in the dark.
The best scenic memory of my Winter trip on EB was the dark travel en route to Spokane after leaving Everett, WA. It was snowing during the most of that route once we were in the Cascades (rain before and when we left Seattle). It was difficult to make myself to stop viewing the scene and get some sleep! Simply beautiful!!!!!

Is that what the extremely bumpy part that felt like a roller coaster down the Shore was? The Cascades? Whatever it was, I was glad it was in the dark both ways, because that was actually the scariest part of the trip. I had no idea where we were and just pulled the covers over my head and hoped we would stop zooming around and up and down.

Back