Silver Star vs. Silver Meteor

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N.T.

Train Attendant
Any difference in ON BOARD services and Sleeper accommodations between the Silver Star and Silver Meteor? I'd be traveling between Florida and Washington, DC and see that one leaves about 3 hours later. On the return, is one better for on-time performance than the other?

From what I understand, the crew is interchangeable. The services I believe are the same. The actual service is a shot in the dark.

I have been on both and have been satisfied with both (except for a lazy conductor who didn't want to put me in a sleeper on the Meteor once).

The equipment should be the same (though the Meteor has an extra coach and sleeper, IIRC).

Just to echo what the above posters said, the Meteor runs with three sleepers as opposed to the Star's two sleepers, while the Star runs with five (I THINK--correct me if I'm wrong) coaches as opposed to the Meteor's four coaches. The dining menus are the same, as is the dining and cafe/lounge car experience. The sleeper experience is also identical. The only reasons to pick one train over the other (as far as I'm concerned) are:

-Timing

-Price

-Availability

-Cities served

Rafi

Concur with Rafi - if you're going somewhere that both serve, take whatever is cheaper or better fits your schedule (and my experience matches yours, 2 sleepers, 5 coaches on the Star).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back