Silver Meteor in a roomette compared to Western LD trains?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimePeace

Disillusioned.
I've gone out West (from Boston) and back in sleeper on the CZ, EB, SWC, and LSL.

I have only ridden the Silver Service once, can't remember which one, in coach. It was a while ago. Now I am thinking of a trip from Boston to Orlando, Northeast Regional/Silver Meteor.

Anyone care to discuss the differences as regards scenery, service, meals etc? (I am aware of the difference between Superliners and Viewliners.) But what about dining, staff behavior, etc?

Thanks...

I have traveled on the Silver Meteor more times than any other train. My experiences with crew vary. I think the SCA's have all been pretty good. The dining car staff is usually pretty good. I have never had a problem with a conductor, but I have read threads where there have been complaints.

The scenery cannot compare to the in the west, but I still love it. Even though I have traveled the route many times, I still spend most of my waking hours looking out the window.

My wife and I just finished riding the Silver Meteor from Washington to Winter Haven. The staff was good and the dining was fine, although they didn't have assigned times for the dining car as in the past. The viewliner roomettes, even though clean, are definitely in need of replacement/refurbishment. They are really starting to show their age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back