sightseer cars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if a lot of the people who are saying they always travel in a sleeper are usually traveling alone or are they usually traveling with another party?????

Speaking only for myself (and wifey) we "always" travel in a bedroom for overnight trips (STL to CHI is in coach or BC) but that splits the cost.

If I was alone I am not sure if I would get a roomette or go coach.

Using the Lounge Car for nighttime sleeping seems to be a "newer" thing. In my earlier days of Amtrak traveling in the 1990s, announcement were made (at least on the CZ and CL) that "sleeping" was not permitted in the Lounge at night. At some time, enforcement was stopped. I can remember being allowed to sit upright and watch the stars in the Lounge after Midnight, but sleepers were awoken and sent back to their car.

Using the Lounge Car for nighttime sleeping seems to be a "newer" thing. In my earlier days of Amtrak traveling in the 1990s, announcement were made (at least on the CZ and CL) that "sleeping" was not permitted in the Lounge at night. At some time, enforcement was stopped. I can remember being allowed to sit upright and watch the stars in the Lounge after Midnight, but sleepers were awoken and sent back to their car.
That is a very good point. I don't blame coach passengers for sacking out in the lounge. The blame belongs to Amtrak for allowing them to do it. Being able to go back to the lounge at 10 or 11 at night, have a snack and something to drink, and watch the lights of the towns pass by would be great. But that is not possible with the atmosphere that Amtrak permits in that car.

I think that is where we started this discussion. Passengers who feel they have a right to exclusive use of a seat, other than the one coach seat they paid to use.
No, the discussion started about people sleeping in the Sightseer - NOT in the coach seat that they paid for! I never knew that you could buy a ticket for a seat in the Sightseer! )
Sorry, but I don't see where I mentioned passengers could buy a ticket for a seat in the Sightseer. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back