Should I take the "Amtrak Northeast Corridor" survey?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fhussain44

Train Attendant
Got an email saying if I do I get some rather meager 25% coupon off Acela and regional trips. Normally I skip surveys as when they say 5 minutes to complete it ends up being a hundred questions and takes three times their estimate. This one is so bold to estimate 15-20 minutes! My guess is there are at least 500 questions and will take an hour to do ..

Got an email saying if I do I get some rather meager 25% coupon off Acela and regional trips. Normally I skip surveys as when they say 5 minutes to complete it ends up being a hundred questions and takes three times their estimate. This one is so bold to estimate 15-20 minutes! My guess is there are at least 500 questions and will take an hour to do ..
I did this a couple of months ago and have yet to receive any information on how to use the discount. It is a legitimate, credible survey and is not a major time commitment.

Arrgh I hate these incessant surveys! Just got one the other day from Home Depot because I bought a putty knife, please rate your new putty knife. What can you say about a putty knife? And I haven't even used it yet.

I might consider an Amtrak survey though for a couple of reasons (1) hopefully they take the feedback (positive and negative) and actually do something with it (2) getting a discount would be great, assuming it doesn't expire too soon as I'm not sure when I will travel next.

On occasion, and usually right after we’ve completed a long-distance trip, we have received surveys from Amtrak asking us to provide feedback on our travel experience. We always complete these surveys, making a best effort to be as honest as possible. For the most part, we’re usually able provide positive responses to the questions we’re asked.(The one area that we usually cite as needing improvement is on-time performance, but since most delays are caused by freight train interference, we can’t really blame Amtrak for that.) We have no idea how the information we provide is handled, but we'd like to think that it goes into a data base of information that might ultimately bring about changes for the better. Again, we only respond to official Amtrak surveys and not those sent to us by non-Amtrak companies.

Last edited:
If you consider a 25% off coupon to be meager, then I don't think you should take the survey.
And there are few restrictions. A few blackout dates during peak holidays periods, understandably. The unfortunate part is it can't be used with an upgrade to business or Acela First Class, but still, I'll take it.

I received my 25% off coupon today. Must be used by Nov. 2024. Without doing a booking I can't see the actual restrictions but I do know when I took the survey the blackout dates were around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Also, it is, not surprisingly, for a one way booking only.

Back