Services around LAX Union Station.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtoddander

Train Attendant
Arriving in LA on CS.

Would like to rent car for a day before departing but rental agencies at station close at 5pm ... before CS arrives. Does anyone have suggestions for car rental?

Also, are there decent hotels in immediate vicinity of hotel?

The metro plaza hotel is a good option:

http://metroplazahoteldowntownla.com/content/

It is the definiation of decent. It is only a couple of blocks from the station and you can walk. My son and I stayed there transitioning from the CS to a local surfliner to SAN the next morning. Hotel is fine but nothing fancy. Equivilant to a Days Inn maybe. It is right on the edge of Chinatown. It was cheap, only around $130 a night I think. There are nicer options a few blocks away (Hilton, Westin, etc), but expect to pay twice as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me personally I stay at the Miyako which is a $5 cab ride from Union Station which is well-maintained though a little on the older side. Soooo much good food within a few blocks if you like Japanese.

As far as car rental I think you're out of luck unless you want to take a cab to the airport.

I too can vouch for the Metro Plaza. Just steps away from Union Station (be sure to walk over there at night when it is colorfully lit up) and more food choices than you can imagine within walking distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back