Service Disruption on Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this on the Amtrak site. I hope this helps with some information on this thread.

Disclaimer of Liability

Amtrak's fares, time schedules, equipment, routing, services and information (hereinafter "Amtrak services") are not guaranteed and are provided "as is" without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, and Amtrak disclaims all warranties, express or implied.

Amtrak reserves the right to change its policies without notice.

Amtrak further specifically disclaims liability for any inconvenience, expense, or damages, incidental, consequential, punitive, lost profits, loss business or otherwise, resulting from errors in its timetable, shortages of equipment, or due to delayed trains, except when such delay causes a passenger to miss an Amtrak train guaranteed connection. When a guaranteed Amtrak train connection is missed, Amtrak will provide passenger with alternate transportation on Amtrak, another carrier, or provide overnight hotel accommodations, at Amtrak's sole discretion, but only when such circumstances resulted from the actions of Amtrak and this shall constitute Amtrak's sole liability and passenger's sole and exclusive remedy.

Amtrak also disclaims any liability for the products and/or services of Amtrak's advertisers, business partners, sponsors, suppliers, licensors and agents to the extent permissible under the law and Amtrak shall only be responsible for the rail transportation services that it provides.

See also Web Notices and Site Terms of Use.

I looked up the travel insurance Amtrak offered and it only covered me if ''' I ''' was unable to make it to the train. It was a good price, but nothing was covered if Amtrak cancelled.
default_sad.png

I haven't gone to the Amtrak site yet so I am asking here. Does anyone know what the price of their travel insurance is for their trips? Does it depend on how much your ticket cost?? I have always gotten travel insurance for my cruises but never given a thought to getting it for my train trips. This thread has positively made me think I should be getting it. Thanks for any replies.
Looks like it's $17.00 per person no matter what. I do not think it's worth it, considering the constraints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally neither do I. If there was a problem with say a connecting train, Amtrak will take care of it anyway. If you really want travel insurance for a high expense item, like a 2 week hotel stay or the flights get to reach the train, I would go with another company myself.

You're Credit Card or Insurance you already have may provide coverage during Travel, but for what Amtrak offers, as was said, I don't think it's worth it.

As,also was said, if you're doing an Expensive Trip ( in the Thousands,Non Cancelable Reservations etc) I'd look into Private Insurance with your Agent or Broker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back