Sept 26th 30 Capitol Limited Cancelled

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a re-route thru Indiana and Ohio??

And an "expierement" to see if an All Sleeper Train would fly on this Route?( Super Chief, Broadway, 20th Century etc. Redux?)

Last edited by a moderator:
With just a SSL and no Diner perhaps? :p
Yep, leave the Chef in CHI and plug in a couple of Microwaves, and load a supply of Amburgers and Pepsi and they're good to go!

Maybe they could change the Name to the Cap Star or the City of Washington??
Or the Sunrise Limited :)

I'm booked in a roomette on the special 930 Capitol Limited coming back from Chicago on the 26th, so I'll let everyone know what it's like. It'll be interesting to see what the consist is like since there don't appear to be any coach seats.

Departs at 10PM, arrives in Toledo at 3?
Yeah. Interesting how you can't buy tickets to/from Sandusky, Elyria, or Cleveland, but stations before and after from Chicago to DC are bookable. It will be nice to go through Pittsburgh during daylight on the way to DC.

Look for a Re-route if they're skipping stops in Ohio,especially between Toledo and Cleveland. I'm not up on the Routes, but there used to be alot of tracks all over Ohio!

Be interesting to see the consist as was said!

Departs at 10PM, arrives in Toledo at 3?
Yeah. Interesting how you can't buy tickets to/from Sandusky, Elyria, or Cleveland, but stations before and after from Chicago to DC are bookable. It will be nice to go through Pittsburgh during daylight on the way to DC.
Actually it looks like the only stations bookable are TOL, PGH, CUM, and WAS. No connection to 42 at PGH, either.

Nor do there appear to be any westbound sleeper-only consists. Odd.

Tyler, chasing Trains @ 3am is hazardous to your health!

Haven't you heard that nothing good happens after Midnight? ( there's an adult version of this but since this is a PG Rated Forum I won't include it! LOL)

Tyler, chasing Trains @ 3am is hazardous to your health!

Haven't you heard that nothing good happens after Midnight? ( there's an adult version of this but since this is a PG Rated Forum I won't include it! LOL)
What, sleep on a moving train isn't good? :)

Sleeping on a train @ night is great!

Driving around chasing trains in the wee hours in shady areas isn't!( Of course sleeping while driving is extremely hazardous to your health and to others too! LOL)

But sleeping in a hotel room on terra ferma is even better, if you want to get some solid sleep that is.

I like traveling by train at night mainly to see the scenery go by in moonlight, though I have no problem falling asleep when I feel like it. But usually there is too much real fanning destruction to get solid sleep

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back