Sebring, FL (SBG) to be Unstaffed Effective June 1, 2017

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't Amtrak like the airlines have an obligation to higher a luggage delivery company to deliver your bags, when they Missplace them?

The couple times the airlines have misplaced my bags over the years they would always deliver them to my home/hotel. Once (not for me but a different high schooler on my SCA trip) an airline drove a lost bag all the way out from Portland to the Bonnevile Dam, where our program was, camping behind a locked gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't Amtrak like the airlines have an obligation to higher a luggage delivery company to deliver your bags, when they Missplace them?

The couple times the airlines have misplaced my bags over the years they would always deliver them to my home/hotel. Once (not for me but a different high schooler on my SCA trip) an airline drove a lost bag all the way out from Portland to the Bonnevile Dam, where our program was, camping behind a locked gate.
Where I work, a small "station" for SkyWest, read as United, one of our supervisors will drive the bag out to get it to you, even driving as far as East Glacier. We don't hire it out to anyone.

Apparently, there was an attempt to utilize baggage light at Sebring, but it didn't work out too well due to the logistics of the station. As such, baggage check at Sebring has been eliminated.

Perhaps our friend from LKL can shed some light on the platform.

Back