RMT to NYP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLtoNC

Train Attendant
Wow, I'm spoiled now! We decided to get a roomettte on the Silver Meteor #98 because our boarding time is 2:42 a.m. and although it was smaller than I imagined (room enough to stand and spin) the beds were more than sufficient... they were downright comfy! Our SCA was Kurt, who was sleeping when we boarded, but very friendly when we met him on our way to breakfast.

My husband and I both got our favorite, French toast with bacon, and were not disappointed. Our tablemates were a young mother with her youngest daughter (5 years old) who had been at a wedding in Palm Beach. The daughter had developed an ear infection and the doctor said she could not fly! so the husband and two older sons flew home and the mom and daughter tried Amtrak for the first time. They were headed back to New Haven, Conn. and were having a great time... ear was much better... I think Amtrak won some new fans.

Kurt had changed our room by the time breakfast was over... and we were settling down, when he moved our big suitcase to a bedroom that was free.. then he moved us! So we were upgraded to room "B" for the remainder of the trip for FREE. . . Lavished with water, newspaper and a feeling we were special to Kurt and Amtrak! My husband made sure he tipped him before we got off at Penn Station.

The ride back yesterday was in coach on #91 Silver Star ... because it was a day trip. That's when I discovered another advantage of taking a sleeper!... the noise around you! because even though the girl across the aisle wore earplugs her music was "coming out" of them and I'm afraid it wasn't my favorite genre! haha :blink:

The train was right on time the whole way! So other than being spoiled the return trip was not bad really. Did not eat in the dining car on this return trip because sandwiches bought at the station proved to be a great lunch and pizza from the cafe car carried us to our destination.

I love riding the train!

I forgot! The advantage in coach was "less sway" since they are now in front on the consist and you get to hear the horn! Lovely!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back