Riding Coach on Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want to separate "classes" here on AU just like they're separated on the trains and on planes? *smh*
Having been a coach LD pax many times, yes, I think it is a good idea. Long distance coach is a lot different than riding the corridor trains. Maybe my opinion is based on having experienced more than just one or two LD coach trips.
Do we have a forum dedicated to sleepers? To corridor (Amtrak) trains? To the Auto Train?
And what if I ride coach on a long distance train that also fills a corridor role? For instance, the Texas Eagle between Chicago and St. Louis, or the Coast Starlight between Los Angeles and San Luis Obispo.

There are many who ride both Coach and Sleepers, therefore can provide experiences for both classes plus the differences between the two from their travels. I think these are important and might be missed if there were two different forums.

Vicks is what we utilize in the hospital when smells such as common as rotting flesh, elimination, and other things. I have a sensitive nose and a fellow colleague of mine let me know this was what everyone was using.

I wish I could do coach for the price difference of the roomette.
default_sad.png
But I need the peace and quiet of my roomette. And the car steward takes care of our car restroom, has coffee for us early in the a.m. and makes up our beds ( which I lay down flay on to sleep ). All of this and the priority meals times in the dinning car before coach passengers (included in the price ) makes a bedroom worth it. All of this is basted on my over 21/2 day long cross-country trips on rides.

I never smell anything bad in coach,I just see how uncomfortable passengers seem to be trying to sleep compared to me Just my opinion only.

I will tough out one night in coach. Longer than that and I look to break up the trip, either with a sleeper or a stopover in a motel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back