RedCap service at NY Penn Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLtoNC

Train Attendant
Arriving at Penn Station NY on Friday, July 8th on #92, & if on time, at rush hour... since I am traveling with my daughter and 2 year old grandchild we will have luggage, stroller and car seat! I remember from an earlier trip with my husband, the train attendant asked if we would need assistance upon arrival... my question is,

if we get assistance with our luggage and car seat... how far will they assist us? all the way to LIRR area?

I would think that the Redcap would at least take you to the LIRR departures level, if not their waiting room. After all they take people all the way to the street and put their bags into a taxi for them.

That said however, and I could be wrong, but I don't think that he/she would be allowed to take you down to the LIRR's track level.

I would think that the Redcap would at least take you to the LIRR departures level, if not their waiting room. After all they take people all the way to the street and put their bags into a taxi for them.
That said however, and I could be wrong, but I don't think that he/she would be allowed to take you down to the LIRR's track level.
Thank you, how much do you tip?

FLtoNC

Usually a buck a bag and then add one to two depending on how far they take me.

Thank you, how much do you tip?
FLtoNC
Aloha

I usually tip $2.00 per bag, But a better guide would be what would I think is correct for me to handle the bags, on an occasion have tipped as much as $5.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back