Questions about Philadelphia 30th street station/Atlantic City 2016

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKpartyguy

Train Attendant
Greetings all,

I have a couple of questions regarding the Philadelphia 30th street station. I have traveled through this station many, many times but have never gotten off the train there or switched trains there. In a few weeks, I will be taking a regional train from NYC to Philly, then switching to a NJ transit train to go to Atlantic City.

(I want to avoid the utter chaos at the Greyhound bus terminal at NYC Port Authority).

I intended to do this last summer, but waited too long to buy my Amtrak ticket. I already have my Amtrak ticket for this year.

My main question is where in the 30th street station do the NJ transit trains depart from?

Do they share tracks with Amtrak and SEPTA?

I have seen a map of the station, but I could not see anything mentioning this. I saw where the NJ transit ticket machines are, but no indication of there the trains actually are.

Thanks in advance!

David

30th Street Station has 2 track levels. The upper level tracks run east/west and are used by SEPTA. The lower level tracks run north/south and are used by Amtrak and New Jersey Transit.

Additionally, the NJT departures are listed on the giant Solari Board in the center of the main concourse. So it's very easy to see which track you'll depart from.

Thanks for the info everyone.

I always get a little anxious when navigating through an unfamiliar train station. 'Glad to hear there Philly station will be easy to figure out.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back