Question on Amtrak's actions after a suicide-by-train...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Surfliner does not run with ten coaches. Anybody know why the CS is running with 14 Superliners? Did Amtrak whip out some extra cars or what?
On the Northbound Starlight two days before it, too, had 14 coaches... I assumed this was normal. What is the normal trainset count?
Last I checked, the CS had only 12 cars, 10 Superliners, a PPC, and a baggage car. But I am probably wrong now since you saw multiple CS trains with 15 cars (add one baggage car).
Well, I did not actually count the coaches- I only went of what they said on the numbering. What cars are actually numbered? Just the Superliners?

A Coast Starlight will only have three or four actual coaches. I think their numbers start at 11 and go up.

There was a thread with consists and line numbers, but it apparently only applies to first-time riders.

There was a thread with consists and line numbers, but it apparently only applies to first-time riders.
The forum is entitled Amtrak FAQs & First-Time Rider Info. A topic with consists & line numbers would certainly fall under "Amtrak FAQs".

A Coast Starlight will only have three or four actual coaches. I think their numbers start at 11 and go up.

I see. Thanks for the information- quite interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back