Question at station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have my tickets already, when we get to the station do we just go to the platform or do we have to check in at the counter, we are at a countered station.

Do you have bags that will need to be checked? If so you will obviously need to go to the baggage area, which at smaller stations is the ticket window, while larger stations have a seperate area for this. If you don't have any checked bags than you don't need to check in, just listen for your boarding location (and track if applicable).

No need to check in. But, if it's Chicago Union Station, and you'll be in a sleeper, then check in at the Metropolitan Lounge. They have luggage storage space, and they will pre-board sleeping car passengers.

We will be getting on just outside of Boston, we have been told that there is no checked luggage until we change trains in NY which means we will be carrying a weeks worth of stuff onto the train. The station has 2 tracks, 1 inbound and 1 outbound.

Just be glad they have high level platforms up there. :lol: Let me tell you how much fun it is for people at Unstaffed Stations with two or three big heavy bags. (Not much.)

GaryWT said:
We will be getting on just outside of Boston, we have been told that there is no checked luggage until we change trains in NY which means we will be carrying a weeks worth of stuff onto the train. The station has 2 tracks, 1 inbound and 1 outbound.
Gary,

You are correct there is no checked baggage from Route 128 to NY. There is also no need to check in upon reaching the station. In fact there is no checkin procedure at all.

Now if you are traveling in a sleeper from NY on south, then you get to use the Club Acela lounge in NY. You will need to show your sleeper tickets to gain entry to that lounge. If you are in coach, then there is a waiting area that you can sit in. Again just show your tickets. This of course assumes that you actually have the full 45 minutes to wait.

Thanks for the info, we are looking forward to the trip and hope that it all works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back