Purchasing points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enervator

Train Attendant
So you have a limit of buying 10,000 points a year, but there is also the option of buying them for someone else. If I could get another AGR member to buy points for me, would that mean I could buy 10,000 for myself and have him buy an additional 10,000 for me, or is the maximum you can have put into your account 10,000, no matter what means they get in there?

Thank you.

The maximum is 10000 points of purchased points per account (potentially up to 13000 or so if you buy during a bonus period). Your friend could buy 10000 and share them with you, but there are transfer fees involved.

As said, the limit per calendar year PER ACCOUNT is 10,000 points (not including bonuses). It does not matter who purchased them. If another account holder has not purchased the max, that person could buy for his/her account, and then redeem an award in your name (assuming there are enough points)! That way, there will be no transfer fees.

Back