pre-register for the new agr card if you haven't

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After hearing nothing after filling out the online application (not even an e-mail), I received my cards on Saturday.
I'm not a stock piler of AGR points BUT...I called Minneapolis the other day to inquire, from an agent, as to exactly what programs I was signed up for. She said, "Oh, here's a triple points promo you qualify for" and signed me up on the spot. I might have to ride the Hiawathas for a week or two.

My card FINALLY arrived today. :) I start my work travel next week, so I will be giving this thing a workout!

Dan

I got mine today along with my secret decoder from Ovaltine. I've been running out to the mailbox every day and pestering the postal person. Its finally here!
Ralphie :lol:
And you can brag about your next trip being a MAJOR AWARD! :lol: :p

My wife had the day off from work and when she called me at my office about something else and I made her go check our mailbox and open the envelope to see what it was. I even sat down right when I got home and changed a bunch of billing settings online (phone, garbage, etc) for the new card.

I applied for the Chase Amtrak Guest Rewards World MasterCard a few weeks ago when I received the email indicating they were now taking online applications.

I just received the card in the mail yesterday and made my first purchase with it last night.

Sounds like Chase has purchased some loyal customers.

Does anyone have their member number on the card? I and a number of other folks don't, so I presume this is an imprinting issue.

Sounds like Chase has purchased some loyal customers.
Does anyone have their member number on the card? I and a number of other folks don't, so I presume this is an imprinting issue.
Mine doesn't either, which is kind of disappointing. I liked having AGR number on my old MBNA/BofA card.

Dan

My first AGR card with MBNA had the wrong account number on it. When I applied for the card, I gave them my existing Guest Rewards number, but they processed it as if it was a new account. So, I had two AGR accounts for a brief period, until I was able to get it straightened out. My "new" AGR account got some bonus points for signing up as a new guest rewards member, and they even transferred those points (as well as points I earned with my credit card) to my old account.

They didn't send me a new credit card with my correct AGR number until a couple of years later, when the first one expired. That only confused one agent, who was going to enter the incorrect number on my reservation when I gave him the credit card.

So, anyway, my Chase card doesn't have my AGR account number on it either. It doesn't bother me, though, as long as the account is correctly connected. Having not received any "Welcome to Amtrak Guest Rewards" package in the mail, I presume that it is correct.

Just received my new AGR Chase card and my member number is embossed at the bottom of the card. Has anyone received their bonus AGR points on their account yet? One message says will receive 5,000 points and other says 8,000. Somewhat confusing. Help!!

:rolleyes:

Maybe we should make calls to assure that they have everything hooked-up correctly...

Did anyone ever find a good use for their ex-BofA card?

I continued to use my Bank of America card, and racked up over 10,000 "World Points" which were (supposedly) good for an $80 cash back rebate. That should arrive in the mail sometime in the next few weeks. However, I don't intend to use that card any more. I'll hang on to it for emergencies, and maybe a couple of relatively small purchases per month just to keep the bank happy.

Edit, to avoid posting twice in a row

I just took a look at my credit card and saw that there is a space for the member number, but it was left blank. I guess I had glossed over the "member number" line previously. So, I guess I'll have to call the credit card company some time in the next few days or so, and verify that everything is as it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, I received a letter in the mail today from Chase basically stating that they know that my card doesn't have my member number on it and a corrected card is on the way. They apologized profusely for the inconvenience....

FYI, I received a letter in the mail today from Chase basically stating that they know that my card doesn't have my member number on it and a corrected card is on the way. They apologized profusely for the inconvenience....
I got the same letter yesterday. I've already received all my bonus points and purchase points from the first statement so I don't think the lack of a member number on the card will affect the rewarding of points.

I got the same letter in the mail a day or two ago, and the new card arrived today. I'm not sure if I really want to bother with using the new card, since the old one works just as well. The lack of AGR account number on my credit card hasn't affected anything.

Other than your member number being on there and a different CVV2 code on the back, there doesn't seem to be any difference. Keep the new one as a spare, if you like....

Other than your member number being on there and a different CVV2 code on the back, there doesn't seem to be any difference. Keep the new one as a spare, if you like....
If there is a new CW2 code, you should use the new one and destroy the old one.
As long as the new card is not activated, it is useless. There is no need to destroy the old card until the new card is activated.

The CVV2 code identifies the card, not the account. The CVV1, encoded on the magnetic strip, does the same.

I got that same message last week sometime.

I also got a letter from Chase this past week, but mine said that they had the wrong AGR account number linked with my card, and that they had fixed the error and would send me a new card. I never received a new AGR welcome kit, and as far as I can tell the points (both the 8000 bonus points plus my points from purchases) all posted to my correct AGR account the instant that the credit card statement went out, so if they didn't point out the error I most likely never would have known.

we got our 8,000 point bonus today(before we even got our first statement). anyway, called up agr and booked a family bedroom ofr 2 adults and 2 kids spk-lax for 20,000 points. this is our first agr redemption and the reason for this post is to report on how helpful and pleasant the person we talked to was. booking the trip was a very nice experience

Back