Portable Wi-Fi hotspots and hair dryers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A regular hair dryer works fine in a roomette, so does a space heater. I have never tripped a breaker even with a heater, multiple computers, television & auxillary lighting running at the same time.
I've seen photos of your roomette stuffed to the gills with household appliances and endless electronic gadgetry. If you've really never managed to blow an outlet or trip a breaker it's certainly not for lack of trying. Just because you're willing to risk an entire car's ancient electrical supply on some clownish media room doesn't mean you should be advising more responsible travelers to be as reckless and indifferent as you are.
Risk an entire car's electrical supply? You obviously have no idea on superliner wiring logistics. I travel Amtrak way more than you could even dream of and all my "endless electronic gadgetry" has been met with positive response by customers and employees alike, having been featured on the Amtrak facebook page multiple times. You seem like a person who is mad at the world and trys to demean everyone who posts a positive Amtrak experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Risk an entire car's electrical supply? You obviously have no idea on superliner wiring logistics.
By all means, educate us then! What's the max draw you've calculated for all of your equipment? How is a Superliner wired up? Does each room have it's own breaker? What is each circuit's rating?

If you're such an expert, you should be able to explain why your setup is safe without a bunch of "people like it" and personal insult handwaving.

Back