Payment Methods on Board

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Railfan83

Train Attendant
Okay, I am taking my first long distance trip in a month. LRK to STL on Texas Eagle, STL to KCY on MO River Runner, and KCY to HUT on the Sowthwest Chief. I rode Amtrak California when I lived their. I think I am ready for the trip with one question. What kind of payment methods do they accept on board for food and snacks? Do they take Debit/Credit cards or only cash? I can't wait for my trip.

Okay, I am taking my first long distance trip in a month. LRK to STL on Texas Eagle, STL to KCY on MO River Runner, and KCY to HUT on the Sowthwest Chief. I rode Amtrak California when I lived their. I think I am ready for the trip with one question. What kind of payment methods do they accept on board for food and snacks? Do they take Debit/Credit cards or only cash? I can't wait for my trip.
Aloha

Enjoy the trip.

I have used both credit cards and cash so that works, Debit I would expect to work also.

I know that they can take cash and credit for sure. I don't believe that they can take debit cards, yet.

I also am not sure about debit. I've never seen any keypads (to enter the PIN) aboard. But many of the debit cards (if they have a Visa or MasterCard symbol on them) can also be used as a credit card!

Thanks for the responses. I have a credit/debit card, so it will work either way. I was trying to figure out if I needed to load up on cash before boarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back