Parts of my grand layout has been destroyed.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amtrakadirondack said:
:( :angry: :( :angry: :( :angry: About two weeks after my two-year construction of a grand layout, parts of it have been destroyed! But not from animals or other things, it was by my younger brother! It happened about three hours ago (8:30Est), I was using my computer (On Amtrak Unlimited), when I went to start a day of HO hobby, Amtrak style, when I found my little brother trying to operate my layout. My Capitol Limited was already derailed and down a hill and into a model river, and one of my Acela Express trains slammed into the back of my Amtrak Cardinal in my main yard. So I ran over and picked him up and moved him, and as I did that my Coast Starlight derailed into a BNSF train, and then I find my little brother switched all the transformers, so I didn’t know which train I was controlling, so I started to shut down the trains as my 41 car Auto Train takes a hairpin turn, on a bridge, so I’m hoping it will make it (I didn’t shut it down because all the cars would jackknife and destroy the bridge) so I’m hoping it will make it when I find out my little brother sabotaged the bridge, sending both my new P42’s in the Acela paint into an oncoming Amtrak Adirondack, sending 18 Superliners off the bridge and crushing the Adirondack, then the Auto carriers flew into the mess, finally they stopped, all of the Superliners went off the bridge and half of the Auto carriers went off, the others jackknifed, then to find my Sunset Limited crossing another sabotaged bridge, this time with a little figure on the track’s, the Sunset Limited derailed and three of the cars went side ways off the bridge, which ended up looking like the 1995 Sunset Limited sabotage. After it was over the first P42 engine of the Auto Train was crushed, and its beyond repair, 6 of my Superliners are out of service, and will need major repair, 3 Acela Express passenger cars are in need of a little repair, 4 Viewliners are destroyed and, well each one is in several pieces, 7 Amfleet cars need repair, my 49 inch bridge is completely destroyed, and many more destroyed car are still be recovered, like my new Seattle Sounder cars are in need of a little repair, oh, and my Silver Meteor is derailed inside of a tunnel, so I’m using my switchers to get them out, lets just say I will repair the layout after we move to Seattle. :( :angry: :( :angry: :( :angry:
Thank you,

Amtrakadirondack
Sorry dude,

If I had a little brother and he had a model train set. I would destroy it. I also have amtrak's California Zephyr, Southwest chief and the Capital Limited.

californiazephyr

Just FYI, this post is two years old. I don't even think the original poster visits this site anymore.

Back