Parlour Car luck on the CS this summer

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sambdking

Train Attendant
I have not heard much in the way of NOT having a PPC on the CS this summer. I am thinking about a last minute trip possibly this week and would LOVE to have a PPC in the consist.

You still can never tell. Amtrak has 5 cars in total and 4 are needed for the 4 train sets. One is in LA as backup, but sometimes is undergoing maintenance work. So if one is out of service and another is bad ordered that morning, there is no choice but to substitute another lounge that day.

Using another example - You drive to work every day. Your automobile gives you no problems. That does not mean it will start when you go out tomorrow morning, and have an important meeting with your boss scheduled for 9:30 am!

It's been pretty hit and miss this week. I've seen pictures of both a diner and a SSL filling in for the PPC. Reports are that one PPC has been set out in SEA for more than a week now.

You still can never tell. Amtrak has 5 cars in total and 4 are needed for the 4 train sets. One is in LA as backup, but sometimes is undergoing maintenance work. So if one is out of service and another is bad ordered that morning, there is no choice but to substitute another lounge that day.
Using another example - You drive to work every day. Your automobile gives you no problems. That does not mean it will start when you go out tomorrow morning, and have an important meeting with your boss scheduled for 9:30 am!
except that hopefully most of us don't have 70-year-old cars in the garage!! :giggle:

except that hopefully most of us don't have 70-year-old cars in the garage!! :giggle:
I don't think that the PPC's are 70 years old but less then 60 years old. I was glad to see them and the other Santa Fe highlevels leave Chicago. They were great to ride in but a REAL PITA to maintain!

On board now. We DO have a PPC. We also have in tow an extra sleeper and a PV.

How long will it take ya to work your way into the PV??? :p
Tricky to do from the inside, since the end door heights don't match -- like Steve Martin exiting the elevator in "The Man with Two Brains".

Maybe there is a way to travel from Superliners to PVs via an outside route, like Steven Seagal did between two Superliners in "Under Siege 2"?

How long will it take ya to work your way into the PV??? :p
Tricky to do from the inside, since the end door heights don't match -- like Steve Martin exiting the elevator in "The Man with Two Brains".

Maybe there is a way to travel from Superliners to PVs via an outside route, like Steven Seagal did between two Superliners in "Under Siege 2"?
Johnny Dep could find a way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back