Pack n Play in Superliner Bedroom?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to my son,who took our then 8 mo old granddaughter on the auto train last Christmas. They used the car seat in daytime config and an eddie bauer "travel thing" for sleeping. They didn't even try the pack and play, and he doesn't think it would fit, but maybe the pad would work for play on the floor.

for myself being used to the bedrooms, I can't imagine how you would be able to move around in the room, much less get into the bathroom.

This sounds like a gigantic pain. I, for one, wouldn't want to lug a Pack & Play up and down those stairs, let alone wrestle with it in a bedroom. It's hard enough getting up those stairs with a suitcase. The idea of bringing it up just to test it and then hauling it back down again makes me annoyed and tired, and I'm not even the one doing it. ;)

I would either go with a travel crib or do the pillows/blankets/co-sleep thing.

My friend has this one and absolutely adores it:

51b0811f74c5b675ac0009e3._w.540_s.fit_.JPEG
i believe the child is too big for a travel crib.

On the CL super liner and the Greco Pack And Play Travel Lite fits wonderfully in bed room D with room to open the bathroom door and store two big backpacks, a sizable diaper bag and hefty purse. *when the bed is in couch mode.

(I quoted the name so others can find this answer through Google search)

This is a delightful journey! Thanks for the support!

That's good to know. :) We get this question on occasion, so it will be good to have a reference.

I'm glad it worked out for you!

But what if the adult chooses to sleep in the top bunk? Can the bottom bunk remain in the daytime position?
Simple answer to your question is, yes. I'm an early riser and my wife is not. I often get up, shower, and change the lower bunk to the sitting configuration while she's still asleep...

Hey guys,

Long-dead topic, but we're looking at doing a Superliner Bedroom with an infant, and trying to figure out how workable this will be. It sounds as if the Travel Lite pack and play will fit (it's 33.5" x 23.2"), but maybe the lower bunk won't be able to be folded down -- all the way, or at all?

It would seem that the room is 6'6" wide (78 inches), and the lower berth dimensions are 3'4", so in theory that would leave 38" of floor space.

Anybody traveling soon that would be able to get the dimensions of the floor space on a Superliner?

Also, does the corner chair definitely fold up? Is it removable? Does it swing so that it can be stowed with the chair back to the window?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back