Only 2 coaches on 30 tonight

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder Road

Service Attendant
I'm on 30 and we only have 2 coaches. Is that normal? I would have thought it would be even more crowded than normal being spring break season and all...

In off-peak times, two coaches is not unheard of on certain routes. Sometimes even the Chief will only have two.

In off-peak times, two coaches is not unheard of on certain routes. Sometimes even the Chief will only have two.
I agree with your comment. Residing in Harpers Ferry for a number of years, I have seen two coaches in the consist often usually in the winter months but other off peak times as well. In regard to the Chief, I was only on this route just once, a little over a year ago, and it only had two coaches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could the lack of coaches on 30 explain where some of the consist for 50 came from?
Unless they're operating Superliners on 50! The Cardinal is single level (Amfleet) whiule the CL is double deck (Superliner)! :blink:
I know that! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Note to self: (Make sure brain is engaged before typing :excl: )

And even worse - I lived in a high rise that overlooks the Metropolitan Branch for over 20 years! :wacko:

No more AU after three beers for me! :giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back