On the Way to SAS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernServesTheSouth

Service Attendant
Just boarded the NER at Charlottesvile headed for Washington to tale the CL to Chicago. Then the TE to San Antonio. I think we take the reroute to St Louis. Looking forward to a week of train travel.

We are on the CL approaciing Chicago. This has to be the roughest track on Amtrak's system. I have ridden the Cardinal to Chicago three times and have never experienced this rough of a ride.

The crew is very nice and helpful. Dinner and breakfast was good

Last edited by a moderator:
Now on the Texas Eagle heading south. As soon as we pulled out of Chicago we heard a gurgling sound coming from the shower in the room. Sure enough, water is backing up in the shower stall every time the train rocks back and forth. Finally found the car attendant after 35 minutes of searching. It appears that the one next to us is doing alright. Car attendent said he notified the conductor and they are going to have mechanical come on board in StLouis to fix problem. I hope they can fix it since all rooms are booked.

Now on the Texas Eagle heading south. As soon as we pulled out of Chicago we heard a gurgling sound coming from the shower in the room. Sure enough, water is backing up in the shower stall every time the train rocks back and forth. Finally found the car attendant after 35 minutes of searching. It appears that the one next to us is doing alright. Car attendent said he notified the conductor and they are going to have mechanical come on board in StLouis to fix problem. I hope they can fix it since all rooms are booked.
Maybe that explains the delay. We didn't leave STL until around 10:00 p.m. and arrived in LRK around 6:00 a.m.

They tried, but not successful. When we got to Fort Worth they tried again. They brought in a portable suction tank and sucked out the water standing in pipes. That didn't clear the drains but at least stopped the sloshing back and fourth. Bathroom unusable due to blackish scumm all over floor and lower side walls. Used downstairs bathrooms rest of the trip. This car should not have been allowed to leave Chicago.

Now on return trip from SAS to CHI aboard the Texas Eagle. GREAT SLEEPER ATTENDANT!!! His name is Tony, hard worker and goes out of his way to be helpful. The entire staff is very good. I had read on this blog a lot of negiative comments concerning staff on TE.

Tony has been checking all of the bathrooms for cleanest, and vacuming the carpets. He brought us cold water bottles without us asking. Every hour he has stopped by our room to see if we needed anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back