NYC to Charlotte business or coach

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mary S

Hello,

I am Going down to charlotte north Carolina. Usually when I travel amtrak its from NYC and back and I do Acela. But I am wondering if I should do business all the way to Charlotte. It's a 13hour trip. And would be 45$ per person (it's two of us). I don't have enough exprience to know if it would be worth it on the Carolinian. Is it one of those where the business class car is extra legroom and so on, or is just a coach car with free newspaper?

Thanks again.

Being a tall and wide person, I would only take Business on the Carolinian. The legroom is comparable to Business on Acela.

As far as I know, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Carolinian "Coach" class offers the same type of comfort as Coach in the other NEC Regional trains. That would be way too cramped for me on a 13 hour trip.

Being a tall and wide person, I would only take Business on the Carolinian. The legroom is comparable to Business on Acela.

As far as I know, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Carolinian "Coach" class offers the same type of comfort as Coach in the other NEC Regional trains. That would be way too cramped for me on a 13 hour trip.
Well, that depends on wether it's an Amfleet I or II Coach. The former is the same as the ones on the NER, 40'' of seat pitch, and the latter is 50''-55'' of pitch. I do not know which type the Carolinian has becasue I have never taken it. But the Caorlinian BC has 50''-55'' of pitch AFAIK, but the width differs between the 4 seats a row cars and 3 a row cars.

This is probably hard to interpret for some people, sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Carolinian is all Amfleet Is unless they've switched the consist recently. So Coach and Business will resemble their NE Regional counterparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back