NOLA to JAX (Sunset Route)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good plan..if all one has is time.. hum... sounds like an interesting ride ...........
Time? I'm an old retired guy with plenty of time on my hands but not enough spare $ to take all the train trips I'd like to. So I take make-believe trips on my computer by looking at the Amtrak Route Map, picking a route and then seeing what it would be like along the way by using Google Earth and USGS topographic maps. Good way to kill time waiting for the snow to stop so I can go out play with my snowblower.

Interesting? If you have the time, it can be as interesting as you want to make it: the scenery; fellow passengers; If nothing else, just being someplace you've never been before.

I think you're missing something: for some of us, it's the journey itself that counts. Arriving at the final destination may be a letdown. If Capt. Kirk hovered the Enterprise above me and offered to teleportation to the destination - instantaneously - for free - I'd say "No thanks, Cap'n - I'll take the train." So I'm crazy. They haven't caught me yet! :blink:

Just my US2¢ worth.
I took the Empire Builder the entire length last month even though I can walk up to United, Alaska, American, or Southwest, show them my badge, and fly that route for free. So I get what you're saying. But how many of us are out there? Certainly not enough to justify bringing this route back above all other priorities. Amtrak needs to prioritoze the sane people needing to get from point A to B first. And if that results in service us crazies can get our fix on, great, but that should be a secondary effect, not the primary goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back