NJT Train Derails Near Secaucus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to add to the concept of mis-reporting a story and perhaps even trying to sensationalize it, check out this story on the 1010 WINS News site.

They pulled out a picture from that fatal crash several years ago on the Bergen line. The train that derailed yesterday was a consist of MU's. The picture shows a heavily damaged NJT engine and a diesel one at that.

I guess the pictures of derailed, but upright cars weren't dramatic enough. So instead they dug into their archives to find something dramatic and scary, to make it appear like this was a disaster. :angry:

Alan,

Shows you that the reporter must be from Long Island or Westchester with his talk about third rail. :lol:

Hello Good Morning Good News I got for everybody the NJ Transit's Midtown Direct Trains now have regularly Service to and from New York Penn Station and all Northeast Corridor and North Jersey Coast line trains are resumed regularly Train service. :D :)

Yes, that is good news for NJT riders. However everything is not rosey for Amtrak riders this morning, again. :(

See my post from the Amtrak forum here for more details.

Back