Newport News to Boston

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Acela ! I am really looking forward to this train trip. I wanted to take the Twilight Shoreliner many years ago to visit colleges in Boston, but we never got the chance. Excited for this trip no matter what type of seat we have!

One other question about Boston. I made the reservation for South Street Station. We are staying at a hotel on the waterfront downtown. Is this the correct station for our hotel location? Thanks to all for your help.

One other question about Boston. I made the reservation for South Street Station. We are staying at a hotel on the waterfront downtown. Is this the correct station for our hotel location? Thanks to all for your help.
Yep, South Station is the terminal station for all Boston bound trains so you're not far from where your hotel is!

I just changed my return from Boston to NPN to BC, and the fare had gone down a lot. Does anyone know the seating arrangement for business class on train 65 from Boston to Newport News? Thanks to all !

I have another question about the Amtrak station in Newport News. I have called the station, but I keep getting a recorded message to call the 1-800 for Amtrak. If I take train 66 on a Tursday, is it likely that parking spaces will be available for long term ? (Till Sat morning) also, will there be a long walk from the business car to the cafe car? Thanks to all for taking the time to read this.

It shouldn't be that long of a walk to the cafe. on 66/67 when they have a full BC car the cafe is right behind it.
I actually just worked 67 last night in to this morning, and will return on 66 tomorrow, getting back in to Boston on Thursday morning. Don't know why, but it looks like things were changed up again. The consist was Baggage, Business Class, Coach, Cafe, Coach, Coach, Quiet car. I will have the alternating consist tomorrow, so I will have to wait and see what it is like, but when I went onboard that alternate consist in NYP to say hello to my fellow LSA, I believe it was set up the same way as well.

Either way, the consist is always very small, so it's not too long of a walk.

So my next worry is that there won't be a parking space in the Newport News lot, and we will not be able to board the train. Tuesday (August) night at 5:20 is the departure. How early should we get there? As far as I've looked, the only trains that day leave at 9 ish in the morning, and 5:20 in the evening. The website says 95 spaces, but when we have gone there to pick someone up, it is a madhouse of people trying to park. Any thoughts? Thank you everyone who has any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back