new timetables as of 8/30/2010 on the NEC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amamba

Engineer
Some new times for the NE regionals. Not sure if anyone else noticed the new timetables? The 66 arrives a full 9 minutes earlier in PVD in the morning. There goes 10 minutes of sleep :eek:

Some new times for the NE regionals. Not sure if anyone else noticed the new timetables? The 66 arrives a full 9 minutes earlier in PVD in the morning. There goes 10 minutes of sleep
ohmy.gif
I think I have seen you mention you go to BOS from PVD. Do you ever have a difficult time getting a seat on 66? Do they allow standees? Just curious.

Some new times for the NE regionals. Not sure if anyone else noticed the new timetables? The 66 arrives a full 9 minutes earlier in PVD in the morning. There goes 10 minutes of sleep
ohmy.gif
I think I have seen you mention you go to BOS from PVD. Do you ever have a difficult time getting a seat on 66? Do they allow standees? Just curious.
When I take #66, I board in KIN
tongue.gif
, so I always get a seat. It fills up in PVD, but I've never seen anyone standing. (It really is almost like a commuter train from KIN and PVD, with many 10-ride and monthly pass holders! They do announce prior to PVD that "... all seats will be used ... (and) ... do not take 2 seats ..."

I actually don't ride the train every day - my H does. I work in PVD! :)

I sometimes have business in Boston and take it with him. He always gets a seat on 66. In fact, he used to take the MBTA commuter rail but it was too crowded and slow which is why he takes amtrak. Sometimes you sort of have to wake up people who are sprawled across seats, but generally its fine. You could stand if you wanted to, but I just confirmed with him that he doesn't see people standing by necessity.

There are many commuters who take the 66 from PVD into Boston.

One thing I noticed; for northbound Silver Meteor passengers connecting to, say, Boston, the guaranteed Regional connection in NYP is back again, after many months of the system trying to kick you off in Washington DC to connect there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back