New ROC station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fair28

Train Attendant
In the local news here, our congressional rep has been working on getting a new train station here for years. It's actually breaking ground. Artist's rendering attached. Local construction company doing the design and build. Good for the local economy. This design is based on the original station which was torn down in 1965. My office is not far from the site, so I'll be following the build as it progresses.....RochesterStation.jpg

In the local news here, our congressional rep has been working on getting a new train station here for years. It's actually breaking ground. Artist's rendering attached. Local construction company doing the design and build. Good for the local economy. This design is based on the original station which was torn down in 1965. My office is not far from the site, so I'll be following the build as it progresses.....
attachicon.gif
RochesterStation.jpg
This is great news! I see the same kind of thing happening at stations in Michigan (ie. Troy, MI, Grand Rapids, MI & soon Dearborn, MI). Hopefully this is a sign that Upstate NY is getting geared up for speedier rail service that is closer to HSR & with greater frequency. Seems like a no-brainer since all off Western NY & Upstate NY can benefit from greater rail service to NYC.

New station will increase interest and get local travelers on trains, I'm glad to see this. The current station is 'functional', but, that's about all I can say about it.

In the local news here, our congressional rep has been working on getting a new train station here for years. It's actually breaking ground. Artist's rendering attached. Local construction company doing the design and build. Good for the local economy. This design is based on the original station which was torn down in 1965. My office is not far from the site, so I'll be following the build as it progresses.....
attachicon.gif
RochesterStation.jpg
This is great news! I see the same kind of thing happening at stations in Michigan (ie. Troy, MI, Grand Rapids, MI & soon Dearborn, MI). Hopefully this is a sign that Upstate NY is getting geared up for speedier rail service that is closer to HSR & with greater frequency. Seems like a no-brainer since all off Western NY & Upstate NY can benefit from greater rail service to NYC.
Here you go - all 30+ Meg of PDF - Empire Corridor Tier I DEIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back