New member 90 day to receive 500 pts. Flexable?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddy559

Service Attendant
I booked my trip for January, in early October. I had signed up for guest rewards just prior to the reservation, to have a number when booking to ensure credit. By the time I travel on the first leg it will be between 90, and 120 days.

I was wondering if they offer any leeway with this. I am working on taking a short pre trip that would qualify, but if unable, I'd hate to loose free points.

Thanks.

No, you must travel on Amtrak within 90 days of signing up. Even 91 days is too long to get the bonus! (I had a friend who traveled on the 91st day and did not get the bonus! :( )

The travel does not have to be a long trip, or even round trip! Is there any way you can take Amtrak for a short day trip (say to GBB) - or even 1 stop and have a friend pick you up? :huh:

I booked my trip for January, in early October. I had signed up for guest rewards just prior to the reservation, to have a number when booking to ensure credit. By the time I travel on the first leg it will be between 90, and 120 days.

I was wondering if they offer any leeway with this. I am working on taking a short pre trip that would qualify, but if unable, I'd hate to loose free points.

Thanks.
You can buy 500 points for under $14. If your short trip is only to get the 500 points, then you might want to consider if it is worth it considering the Amtrak fare and whatever other costs you incur to take the trip.

No, you must travel on Amtrak within 90 days of signing up. Even 91 days is too long to get the bonus! (I had a friend who traveled on the 91st day and did not get the bonus! :( )

The travel does not have to be a long trip, or even round trip! Is there any way you can take Amtrak for a short day trip (say to GBB) - or even 1 stop and have a friend pick you up? :huh:
That's exactly what I have been working on. Just getting a coach ticket to Naperville, and doing a day trip. I am an hour and a half from both LAP and OTM. My wish is to find a low bucket roomette to do a round trip to Granby. By the time I throw 2 trips through the tunnel, 2 nights accomodations, 2 dinners, and 2 breakfasts into my head, I can almost justify the cost. Plus if I can weasel a desert, and Ice cream (a $12 value! lol), and throw some $4 bacon on my pancakes, I may be able to make money on the trip. :giggle:

Back