NEC was a bit of a mess earlier.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy559

Service Attendant
Watching the tracker and there was some sort of a delay tonight in CT. At one point there were about 14 Acelas and NE's lined up like rockettes. A few of the Acelas were showing delays over an hour which is rare for them. Most of the trains were crawling along. 7-15 mph.

I suspect that something was wrong with the tracker. That's far too many trains to be in CT at the same time for Amtrak.

Still looking at some delays but most of the trains are on time now... will be interesting to see how the morning rush goes.

Copied from a previous post: "55 is down ninety minutes, 137 is down two hours, 448 is down over three, 94 lost over an hour and a half, 2171 and 2173 are each down about two hours, 175 is down an hour thirty..."

No doubt going to be a few upset travellers with late check ins.

These were all between Nyp and Bos. Looked like the slow down was around Stamford. Could have been an error because it looked like an acela from Bos to was, had turned around and headed back.

Signal system failure on Metro North's territory, they were had cranking switches.

From their Twitter:

@MetroNorth: New Haven Line Service is currently experiencing residual delays of up to 90 min due to signal problems in the vicinity of South Norwalk

Let the Games Begin! Hopefully the Approaching Storm wont make Wed. look like a Nightmare on the NEC!!! Good Luck to Everyone Taveling Tomorrow No Matter How You Are Traveling! ;)

So far, I-95 looks good here in Newark, DE. Wasn't on it, just crossed over it on my way to work. I can keep an eye on it from the lunch room here at work. Much rather be overlooking NEC, though.

At around 10am NEC looks pretty green so far on the status map. It is possible that some train had some issues near New London and delayed a few trains up there.

Frankly, after some real heavy rain early in the morning, there is literally nothing happening in NJ at present, and the whole things is forecast to be over by 8pm, whatever it is.

There are delays at airports around New York, average a bit below 1 hour, with max around 2 hrs. Philly for some reason is double that.

Last edited by a moderator:
At around 10am NEC looks pretty green so far on the status map. It is possible that some train had some issues near New London and delayed a few trains up there.

Frankly, after some real heavy rain early in the morning, there is literally nothing happening in NJ at present, and the whole things is forecast to be over by 8pm, whatever it is.

There are delays at airports around New York, average a bit below 1 hour, with max around 2 hrs. Philly for some reason is double that.
You mean CNN's "Thanksgiving Travelgeddon Nor'Easter 2013" is another bust?

Edit it anybody is curious we have 3-4" of snow on the ground and it's still showering in Canton.

Amtrak twitter feed was reporting a wire problem due to downed trees between Providence and New Haven at 10:12 AM. The 11:17 update claimed 15 minute delays through the area as crews work on the problem.

This is what I had posted on the other thread a little while back :)

There is wire down due to fallen trees between Kingston and Old Saybrook causing some delays. The wires are being repaired.

It is amazing to what length the traveler will go to try to stop every train at KIN :p

This is what I had posted on the other thread a little while back :)

There is wire down due to fallen trees between Kingston and Old Saybrook causing some delays. The wires are being repaired.
So, these problems are telling us that Amtrak needs more money for aggressive ROW clearance to cut down or trim trees and MNRR & CDOT more money for track, switch, and catenary maintenance and replacement for the CT section of the New Haven line. Oh well.

so my H arrived in TRE about 40 minutes late. Not too bad. He said they were only stopped just outside of New London for about 10 minutes. BTW they were south/west of New London when they stopped.

It took a while in NYP to load/unload the pax.

Mostly green, only a few delays. 2155 is down over two hours, 89, 92, 94 and 171 are all over an hour and a half late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back