MTA New York City Transit R142's.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While law may require that every train may have a horn, that is not FRA as NYCTA is not an FRA railroad.

F59 PHI said:
The 2 line voice is Diane ThompsonThe 4/5/6 line voice is Jessica Ettiger-Gottesman

The voice used for corrections is Mellissa Kleiner

The Guy is Charlie Pellett
I think that all of them work for Bloomberg Financial Services, I'm positive that Charlie and at least one of the women do or did at the time. They recorded the messages before Bloomberg became the mayor of NYC.

I believe they either do the TV reports or work for Bloomberg radio can't remember the frequency or for that matter if it's even still on the air (the station that it I know they still do business news spots for other stations nationwide).

Anybody else here looking forwards to the impending doom or the R44 fleet? I certainly am :)

Can't recall the exact date, it was somewhere around the late '80s/early '90s.

I think it was a parody of a TV ad that I'm assumning ran in the NYC area at the time promoting the International Brotherhood of Transit Workers (is there such a union? that's what they called it here).

Basically, they made it look as though everyone working the ticket windows or the PA systems on the NYC subways had a serious speech impediment, then at the very end the President of the union gave a little speech...and he couldn't talk right either! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back