MIami - airport/amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... Yes a cab is very direct and convenient but has anyone taken a cab in Miami? Cash only, no Ingles and they often take you in a not-so-direct route!
Yes I have taken Miami cabs at least a dozen times over the last four years and each time I used English and it worked fine. As for not so direct route, they could still learn a few lessons from NY and Newark cabs :)
I believe all cabs to and from MIA airport are flat rate based on zones. With the meter not on, I doubt the cab driver would want to take a sightseeing tour of south Florida.
In addition, in all my cab rides from Amtrak MIA to airline MIA I have never had a different rate charged irrespective of which particular route they took. So I have to assume that either it is some kind of flat rate or they did notcheat on routing.
Not sure, I've taken several cabs from my residence to the MIA airport (and reverse) and from the Amtrak station to my residence during 2009-2010. The meter ran at all times; perhaps it is different now. A flat rate would indeed be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back