Menus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denmarks

Train Travel Enthusiast
After much searching of the Amtrak web site I was finially able to find 2 sets of menus. They are both sets of 3. The first is dated 04/03 and the second 10/05. I have one question and an observation.

1. How often are menus changed and how are the three possibilities distributed between routes?

2. The price of the most costly entre increased from $18.50 to $21.00. I'm glad I'm going first class on my trip.

The menus are located at

04/03

10/05-1

10/05-2

10/05-3

I can't say for sure how often the menu's are changed; however, since I have started working onboard the Empire Builder (since October) the menu has changed twice now. Back when I worked on the Texas Eagle, our menu almost never changed XD But then again that train does get treated like the 'dirty step-child' of Amtrak *oops did I say that?* I worked on that train for nearly a year and the menu only changed once.

Like anything else with this company, I don't think there's a method to the madness.

Dennis,

First off, I can't get the last three links to work at all for me. I just get taken to an Amtrak page that says the link is bad. So I can't comment on those menus, since I can't see them.

Next, let me put into the mix of things, the new menus for the Texas Eagle and the City of New Orleans. Those menus can be found here on this board. It should also be noted that baring any last minute changes that menu will also be implimented sometime this month on both the Sunset and the Capitol Limited. :(

Now the original intent of having 3 menus was to provide variety on the trains, especially for people traveling from one coast to the other. Overall it did seem to work although I did see a few people mention that they somehow ended up with the same menu for their entire trip. But they are supposed to be rotated, such that even riding a round trip on the same train you will see two different menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back